SECURING YOUR RESERVATION
50% of your reservation rate is to be paid at time of booking, and another 50% is due 7 days before check in. If the reservation is made within 7 days of check in, 100% is due at the time of booking. The remaining balance of guest's stay can be paid online by credit card online or by mail via a check received one week prior to check in. This policy is firm in place to maintain social distancing.
For guests looking to reserve the same cabin for the same dates annually, moving forward POV Resort will offer a 15% discount to guests booking their stay for the following year prior to check out. To secure the future year's reservation we ask for a 25% down payment and another 25% is due 90 days before check in. The remaining 50% will be due 7 days prior to check in. If your family or group is intending to keep your regular booking but have challenges with work vacation scheduling or other issues, please give us a call or email us to touch base.
CANCELLATION POLICY AND REFUNDS
The cancellation policy you booked with can be found with your confirmation email you received when you paid your deposit. We know that plans can go astray. However, we rely primarily on advance reservations and cancellations cannot always be filled. No refunds due to change of plans or early departures. All guests are financially responsible for the entire booking once your reservation has been made. All cancellations must be made within these time frames or you will be charged the additional balance due. The renter agrees that he/she will not claim any charge backs or credits from his/her credit card company for any fees charged to his/her credit card, including but not limited to deposit, rental, or additional damage fees.
So to be fair to all concerned, our current policy is as follows:
- Last Minute Sickness - If you or someone in your party get sick with COVID-19 symptoms close to your stay (up until day of arrival) at POV, we want you and your family to take care of yourselves and quarantine. Family first. For guests that fall ill, you may roll your deposit to a future visit and re-book for a stay(s) to be completed within a year without any penalty. We are entrusting guests that request re-booking under this policy are honest about illness.
- Cabins -
- For High Summer Season cabin reservations, guests who cancel at least 30 days before check-in will get back 100% of the amount they've paid less a $100 cancellation fee per cabin to facilitate re-booking each unit rented. If you cancel within 30 days before check-in, you will be refunded 100% of your deposit (less a $100 cancellation fee per unit) if we manage to re-rent your cabin on the previously reserved dates.
- For the remainder of the year, guests who cancel at least 14 days before check-in will get back 100% of the amount they've paid less a $50 cancellation fee per cabin to facilitate re-booking the unit. If you cancel within 14 days before check-in, you will be refunded 100% of your deposit (less a $50 cancellation fee per unit) if we manage to re-rent your cabin on the previously reserved dates.
- We will make every effort to find new renters for the unit. The prepaid amount will be refunded the week following the rental period. However, if we are unable to re-rent the cabin, we will split the difference and apply half of this prepaid deposit for your next stay at the resort for up to two years from the original reservation dates.
- Campsites - For luxury tent and campsite reservations, 75% of paid prepayments are refundable when cancelled 14 days before arrival or earlier. 0% of deposits are refundable if cancelled within the 14 day window.
We recognize extenuating circumstances occur – if a cancellation occurs within a two week time frame of your stay due to either inclement weather (flood, snowstorm, or bitter cold of ~0 degrees high) or a family emergency you may apply your deposit to a future visit. This will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
In lieu of a security deposit or a hold on your credit card for a damage deposit, the resort now also requires all guests to have a credit card on file for the event damage is incurred during your stay. Your credit card information is kept confidential and secure and stored in the resort’s secure, online card processing company – Stripe. Stripe is PCI compliant, the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. Only owners have access to this system. The card will only be utilized in the event of damaged or stolen property or for additional contractors to be hired due to guests – no pre-authorization hold will be made prior or during your stay. In the event property is damaged or missing, payments to your card are processed only after post-checkout. For furniture and kitchen items a fee will be assessed based on the extent of the damage. Guests will be notified via email of damage documented.
MINIMUM RENTAL AGE
Minimum age to rent a cabin is 21 years and the person who books the resort must stay for the entire rental period. Sub-letting or parents renting for their children under age is NOT allowed. Minimum Age required to rent a campsite is 18 years and the person who makes the reservation must stay for the entire rental period.
- Each additional guest charge for cabins, tents, or yurts - $10/night (All Seasons).
- There is a $50.00 per check fee for all returned checks.
CHECK-IN & CHECK OUT PROCEDURES
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIMES
During High Summer Season check-in is 3:00pm and check-out is 9:00am. The remainder of the year check-in is 1:00pm and check-out is 10:00am. An additional night’s stay will be charged for late check-outs unless approved prior. The resort will make every effort to personalize our guests' stays if provided ETA information at time of reservation. Early check-ins and late checkout requests may be made through the owners only and are subject to determination based on resort occupancy.
Still a firm 3pm unless arranged prior with owners. Now, more than ever, we need the time to deep clean each unit prior to check-in. If you arrive earlier you are welcome to utilize the resort’s outdoor facilities.
- Pre-Payment of Balance Due: We are asking guests pre-pay their full amount due prior to check in to minimize contact and to maintain social distancing. You will receive a final payment email request two weeks prior to check in with a link to pay the balance due. If you have any challenges with this process do not hesitate to email or call (715-545-3474) us - happy to work with you and help.
- Cabin/Tent/Campsite Entry: Once full pre-payment prior to arrival is received, we invite you go straight to your lodging to begin relaxing - check in and resort information will be provided at your cabin or campsite. Check-out procedures remain the same.
Upon departure guests are required to leave the resort in the same general condition as it was when they arrived. To receive a 15% discount for the same unit and dates for the subsequent year, we ask you secure your reservation with a 25% deposit prior to your departure/check-out.
Below are checkout procedures for the property:
- For cabin and glamping guests, lock the unit and return your key to the key drop box at the main office in the gray building upon departure and complete check-out
- Wash and return all dishes to their appropriate cabinets
- Empty out the fridge, freezer, and coffee maker
- Place all bathroom and kitchen used towels in the bathtub
- Remove all sheets and bedding and place on the floor – leave the mattress protector pad
- If checking out during the winter, return all thermostats to 55 degrees
- Remove all trash and recycling from the cabin or campsite, there are designated dumpsters for each available on the driveway out of the property
- Extinguish all fires and cleans trash out of fire ring
We are a dog-friendly resort between fall and spring (Labor Day Weekend through Memorial Day Weekend), and therefore we do allow dogs in our resort in some units (Cabins 1, 3, 10, and 11). Pets are not allowed in the campgrounds to keep sounds to a minimum for neighboring guests.
Aggressive pets are not welcome.
We charge a $10/day fee per pet. This fee does not cover damage caused by your dog.
There is a $50 fee for not cleaning up after your dog (this includes pet hair remaining on furniture post-checkout). ANY damage, including significant hair on furniture or bedding, will be subject to additional charges. Each dog-friendly unit is furnished with cleaning supplies to clean up after them including a vacuum, floor mop, and broom. Sheets to cover the couches and futons are available upon request. If any damages are incurred from dogs’ behavior, owners will be required to pay for them with the credit card on file at the office.
We also ask dog owners to observe the following:
- No barking
- All guest dogs must be on a leash at all times and clean up after them
- Remember your pooper scooper
- Dogs are not to be left in the cabins alone unless they are confined in an indoor dog kennel
- Dogs are not to be tied to trees or to the cabin
- No more than two dogs allowed per cabin, unless permission is granted at time of reservation
- Dogs are not allowed in the rec room or kids clubhouse
- Sorry, we do not allow cats
We cater to families and strive to provide an upscale family vacation rental experience. Renters agree to abide by our resort rules that are provided to you upon arrival.
Maximum Occupancy: The number of persons occupying your shall not exceed the number stated on your reservation. If additional persons are added after your reservation is secured you MUST inform us upon arrival and charges will be added as necessary. Guests may be subject to cancellation/penalties if numbers exceed confirmed occupants listed. This is a violation of the rental agreement.
Bunk Bed Room Capacity: Due to current occupancy and airspace state health regulations (WI ATCP 72.14), only three adults are allowed to sleep in the bedrooms with two sets of bunk beds. This applies to every unit with bunk beds within the resort. However, bedrooms with two bunk beds are sized to sleep four children under the age of 12 or have two children and one adult sleep safely.
Winter Advisory: The resort does its best to keep the grounds maintained during winter months. However, it does snow quite a bit and a plow service is not always available at a moment’s notice. We recommend guests recognize weather conditions are outside of our control and to drive vehicles with good tires (not bald) as well as vehicles with all-wheel or 4-wheel drive. If contractors (ie for plowing) need to be hired to help with guest vehicles with inadequate tires, etc., the charges will be incurred by the guest.
Boat Slip: One boat slip is provided per cabin as a part of the rental fee. Additional boat slips are available for a fee on a first-come-first-serve reservation basis. Docks are available (installed and removed) as weather and staff time permits between approximately early May to late October.
Visitor Policy: Visitors are welcome between 8am and 6pm. Every guest of POV Resort may have one visitor, but they must register upon arrival at the office. If visitors do not follow the guidelines of the resort they may be asked to leave.
Quiet Hours: Resort quiet hour is from 10:00pm to 8:00am. This means no loud noises after 10pm. All music must be completely turned off.
Alcohol: Alcohol consumption on the property is allowed with moderation only. We are a family oriented, peaceful resort, catering to those that want an enjoyable vacation experience.
Smoking: There is no smoking allowed in any cabins of ANY kind. Smoking is only allowed in designated areas on the property, and we kindly ask that all cigarette butts are disposed of in the trash.
Fish Cleaning: There is no fishing cleaning allowed within any of the cabins. Fish are to be disposed at the fish cleaning station – see instructions.
Snowmobiles, UTVs, ATVs: Snowmobiles, UTVs, and ATVs are welcome on the property as long as they drive on designated driveways and paths. They are to be parked in designated areas to both protect the grounds as well as the septic system. There is a 5mph speed limit on the grounds.
Trailers: Trailers are also welcome to the property and may be parked in designated parking areas.
Towels: In an effort to make the resort as easy and as inclusive as possible for guests (so less packing!) resort owners provide kitchen and bath linens and towels for INDOOR use only for cabin guests. They are not to be brought outside or to the beach.
Phones: We are located in the woods and your cell phone may not work at our resort (although we do get good ATT and Verizon service here).
WIFI: We do have high-speed wifi available in the main area of the resort grounds around the cabins. That being said, the resort is about relaxing and enjoying the Northwoods - so some IP addresses and websites may not be available. The password is posted in each cabin, the Lodge Room, and at various other locations around the resort.
Campfires and Firewood: All our cabins and campsites have fire rings and there is firewood for sale at our office. Each cabin receives a complimentary bundle of firewood upon check-in. We enforce all local burn bans, and only local firewood is to be used.
This property is privately owned. The renter accepts renting privileges with the understanding the he/she does hereby release Coadys’ Point of View Lake Resort (Coadys Point of View LLC), its officers and employees of all liability for loss or damage to property and injury against claims resulting from loss or damage to property or injury to the person of any member of the family or guest of the registered renters arising out of the use of resort facilities.