A Letter from Our Family to Yours on COVID-19
Dear POV Guests and Friends,
We understand the hesitation to travel in light of COVID-19. Family is our number-one priority, and that certainly includes yours. We realize everyone needs their time in the woods and at the lake even more now. We are determined to continue to provide a special place for everyone, even during these times. We want you to feel secure in your decision to connect with family and friends here at POV - both in the coming months and years in the future.
COVID-19 ERA RESERVATIONS - We are excited to host you at the resort! We are licensed as an essential business in the state of Wisconsin. As such, we have made many changes to adjust to this crisis and are following the state's health and safety directive for lodging and camping businesses. Our goal is to help guests continue to social distance - so the rec room, general store, and kids' clubhouse will not be available for 24-hour use. BUT our general store is now online (www.povorder.com) doing no-contact carry out and delivery to campsites and cabins. And all of our other amenities are still available! Read below for a bunch of tips and information to make sure you have an enjoyable stay with us. Of course, as the situation evolves, we will keep you apprised of any changes.
If you are on the fence about coming, we ask that you remember we are a small business counting on your support. We recognize the trust you place in us with every reservation and want you to know that we are making the same commitment back to you in providing a safe, fun place to get away. We take this pledge very seriously. Our added cleaning and safety procedures may be viewed below. And, to balance these extraordinary times with the safety of your family, our amended POV Cancellation Policy may be read below.
We hope these changes keep everyone safe and ready to enjoy their special time at the lake without worry. Until we see you next, if you have any questions or concerns we are only a phone call or email away.
Stay well and stay together,
Darren & Genevieve Coady and the entire POV Family
FOR GUESTS CONSIDERING BOOKING AT POV
If you are on the fence about getting away, look no further. We have a ton to do on site at POV Lake Resort and in the area to enjoy the national forest and lakes. The resort is also a great option for your business or work needs with our high-speed wifi throughout the main campus - we can be your home away from home. Bottom line, we are a great option for those looking to get away while still staying within a safe distance to home.
LOCK IN DISCOUNT FOR NEXT STAY
For guests looking to reserve the same cabin for the same dates annually, POV Resort offers a 15% discount to guests booking their stay for the following year prior to check out. This year, while you are here text or call the owners any time during your time here (resort cell - 715-545-3474) to set up your next stay. We will email you the quote with the link to finish the booking online with your deposit. Given demand, we are not holding units without a deposit. To secure the future year's reservation we ask for a 25% down payment and another 25% is due 90 days before check in. The remaining 50% will be due 7 days prior to check in. If your family or group is intending to keep your regular booking but have challenges with work vacation scheduling or other issues, please give us a call or email us to touch base.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CLEANLINESS & SAFETY
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously for our guests and staff and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety for everyone here. POV Resort is working to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning - resort health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19.
Our cabins, tents, and spaces are cleaned by our family and friends, so keeping them safe and healthy along with our guests is our goal. They care as much as we do about keeping the cabins safe and ready for guests.
WHAT WE'RE DOING
- Cabins and Luxury Tents -
- We acquired Lysol disinfectant that we will be misting around the cabin and tent on the furniture, doors, and other high-touch items before our cleaning crew goes into the cabins.
- Staff using additional cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean after guests depart and before the next guest arrives.
- Guests are provided all new bedding and towels - including new duvet covers for the beds. All towels and linens are cleaned at sanitizing levels.
- We are stocking cabins with antimicrobial bathroom soap, antibacterial kitchen soap, disinfecting cleaning spray, and hand sanitizer for guests' use.
- Common Spaces - Staff have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting amenities available - this includes the bathhouse, rec bathroom, and coin laundry room as well.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Common Spaces - We are providing cleaning supplies in each campground bathroom unit and coin laundry room so you may clean it yourself prior to use if desired. If damp, air out the bathhouse units for several minutes before entering.
- Cabins and Luxury Tents -
- We do encourage you to use the cleaning products provided in each cabin kitchen to re-clean all kitchen utensils, pots, pans, plates, glasses, etc. before using the first time. We simply do not have time to re-clean everything in the kitchen between guests.
- If you would like extra blankets we encourage you to bring them (we've removed all extra blankets from the units for safety precautions)
- Please leave all cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer products for the next guests - we are striving to do our best to maintain a clean environment for guests and to keep the resort open. Many of the cleaning supplies are not readily available for us to purchase extras.
- Please do strip all bedding (including duvet covers!) and pile into one whites pile upon check-out. Please do collect all used towels from the bathrooms and kitchens and place into one blues pile upon check-out as well.
- Please open all cabin windows to air out the unit upon final departure. It's a big help!
- Please leave your luxury tent or cabin key in the black key dropbox under the gray rec building awning. This is how we know you're gone and we're ready to clean.
- Playground, Beach & the Outdoors -
- Continue to social distance while at POV, including between other groups when you're outdoors around the property - this means the beach too.
- We are asking guests to take on responsibility in using these areas safely - we will provide disinfecting cleaning solution at both the beach and playground for you to spray on kayaks, swings etc. before you use them. DO let them dry completely before use.
PRIOR TO YOUR STAY
- Pre-Payment of Balance Due - We are asking guests pre-pay their full amount due (including boat rentals) 3 days prior to check-in to minimize contact and to maintain social distancing. You will receive a final payment email request prior to the start of your stay with a link to pay the balance due online. If you have any challenges with this process do not hesitate to email or call us - happy to work with you and help.
- It is recommended you pre-pack everything you need while visiting - avoid going in to town while here and minimize catching the virus.
- For a list of what POV provides in the cabins and campgrounds, click here. We are still providing bedding and towels and sanitizing them between guests' use.
- Plan on minimizing contact on your way up - i.e. pay at the pump at gas stations, do curbside pickup at the grocery store, and order online for supplies needed while here, etc.
- Be smart before you come - Have a talk with folks within your group about making sure everyone in the group has taken proper precautions prior to coming - meaning isolating for two weeks' prior, social distancing, etc.
- Pre-Payment of Balance Due - See explanation above under "Prior to Your Stay" section - essentially pre-pay 3 days prior to check-in.
- Check-In Time - Still a firm 3 pm unless arranged prior with owners. Now, more than ever, we need the time to deep clean each unit prior to check-in.
- Cabin/Tent/Campsite Entry - We invite you go straight to your lodging to begin relaxing - check in and resort information will be provided at your cabin or campsite.
- Boat Rentals - Connect with owners via call or text at 715-545-3474 in advance to schedule a time to meet at the docks for check out and check in of your boat(s). Pre-schedule check-in when turning the boat back in. And, please social distance while checking the boat out and in.
- Check Out - Is still a firm 9 am unless arranged prior with owners.
- Check-out procedures remain the same and are found at your cabin or campsite.
- See the What You Can Do section above and pay it forward helping staff get ready for the next guests.
TIPS FOR ENJOYING YOUR POV STAY
If you need assistance while here, don't be shy! Call or text 715-545-3474 (avoid rec room doorbell as rec building is closed).
- There are MANY ways to still have fun at the resort!!! Visit a park that’s blooming, take a scenic drive, or consider a refreshing hike in the area. We have a complete list of things to do in the area in our more secluded setting in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest.
- Do support area businesses with curbside pickup with restaurants and stores. There is a list of businesses doing carry-out in the guest book found in your cabin and campsite. However, avoid doing any unnecessary trips in the area.
- Our General Store is open virtually for delivery and carry out! Visit www.povorder.com to place your order. All of our store items are available. Menus of everything for sale will also be available in each unit. Order and pay online (or text/call 715-545-3474 to order via phone), you will be emailed a receipt, and schedule pick up or delivery. We will strive to stock basic perishables and other things you might need.
- Ice and firewood are self-serve - pay in cash at the black key dropbox under the rec building awning or text 715-545-3474 to pay with credit card.
- We still have nearly all of our amenities available! Play at the beach, go for a swim to the newly-recarpeted swim raft, hike around the resort - or play basketball, tetherball, sand volleyball, horseshoes, yard games (available for check out), or on the playground. We've got several new outdoor games we are also investing in this spring for added fun outdoors! We also have our boats to rent as well - now with tubing and watersiiking available! The coin-operated laundry and fish cleaning house are also be open for use. Rokus are available for guests to check out to catch your favorite game or show in your cabin.
- We are considering having the rec room available for private groups to reserve for a $20 fee (to help with deep cleaning afterwards) per scheduled time - contact the owners in advance.
- Really the only things closed are the rec room, general store, and kids clubhouse for 24-hour walk-in use (per official guidance). To supplement we've got the Rokus for checkout and more outdoor games as mentioned above.
POV's AMENDED CANCELLATION POLICY
We know that flexibility is what our guests are looking for right now. Guided by our goal of having our guests put their own health and well-being first, we are temporarily amending our cancellation policy to the following:
- LAST-MINUTE SICKNESS - If you or someone in your household gets sick with COVID-19 symptoms before your stay at POV (up until day of arrival), we want you and your family to take care of yourselves and quarantine. Family first. If this occurs, contact us to roll your deposit for a stay to be completed within a year without any penalty.
- FINDING YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY - The cancellation policy you booked with still stands and can be found with your reservation confirmation email you received when you paid your deposit. The only change is the Last Minute Sickness amendment found above. You can read our most current cancellation policy for bookings made January 2020 thereafter here.
- CANCELLING YOUR STAY - If you DO decide you need to cancel your stay for whatever reason, we are asking guests to keep their deposit with the resort for their next stay. Email us for more information at email@example.com.