A Letter from Our Family to Yours on COVID-19
Dear POV Guests and Friends,
We understand the hesitation to travel in light of COVID-19. Family is our number-one priority, and that certainly includes yours. We realize everyone needs their time in the woods and at the lake even more now. We are determined to continue to provide a special place for everyone, even during these times. We want you to feel secure in your decision to connect with family and friends here at POV - both in the coming months and years in the future.
COVID-19 ERA RESERVATIONS - We are excited to host you at the resort! We are licensed as an essential business in the state of Wisconsin. As such, we have made many changes to adjust to this crisis and are following the state's health and safety directive for lodging and camping businesses. And our units are now professionally cleaned! Our goal is to help guests continue to social distance - so the rec room, general store, and kids' clubhouse will not be available for now. BUT our general store is now online (www.povorder.com) doing no-contact carry out and delivery to campsites and cabins. And all of our other amenities are still available! Read below for a bunch of tips and information to make sure you have an enjoyable stay with us. Of course, as the situation evolves, we will keep you apprised of any changes.
We hope these changes keep everyone safe and ready to enjoy their special time at the lake without worry. Until we see you next, if you have any questions or concerns we are only a phone call or email away.
Stay well and stay together,
Darren & Genevieve Coady and the entire POV Family
OUR COMMITMENT TO CLEANLINESS & SAFETY
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously for our guests and staff and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety for everyone here. POV Resort is working to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning - resort health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19.
Our cabins, tents, and spaces are are now professionally cleaned by LakeTime Management, so keeping them safe and healthy along with our guests is our goal. They care as much as we do about keeping the cabins safe and ready for guests.
WHAT WE'RE DOING
- Cabins and Luxury Tents -
- We acquired Lysol disinfectant that we will be misting around the cabin and tent on the furniture, doors, and other high-touch items before our cleaning crew goes into the cabins.
- Guests are provided all new bedding and towels - including new duvet covers for the beds. All towels and linens are cleaned at sanitizing levels.
- We are stocking cabins with antimicrobial bathroom soap, antibacterial kitchen soap, disinfecting cleaning spray, and hand sanitizer for guests' use.
- Common Spaces - Staff have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting amenities available - this includes the bathhouse, rec bathroom, and coin laundry room as well.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Common Spaces -
- We are providing cleaning supplies in each campground bathroom unit and coin laundry room so you may clean it yourself prior to use if desired.
- If damp, air out the bathhouse units for several minutes before entering.
- Cabins and Luxury Tents -
- We do encourage you to use the cleaning products provided in each cabin kitchen to re-clean all kitchen items before using the first time. We simply do not have time to re-clean everything in the kitchen between guests.
- If you would like extra blankets we encourage you to bring them (we've removed all extra blankets from the units for safety precautions)
- Please leave all cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer products for the next guests - we are striving to do our best to maintain a clean environment for guests and to keep the resort open.
- Playground, Beach & the Outdoors -
- Continue to social distance while at POV, including between other groups when you're outdoors around the property - this means the beach too.
- We are asking guests to take on responsibility in using these areas safely - we will provide disinfecting cleaning solution at both the beach and playground for you to spray on kayaks, swings etc. before you use them.
PRIOR TO YOUR STAY
- Pre-Payment of Balance Due - It is now our policy guests pre-pay their full amount due (including boat rentals) prior to check-in day to minimize contact and to maintain social distancing.
- It is recommended you pre-pack everything you need while visiting - to help with social distancing and relaxing while you're up here.
- For a list of what POV provides in the cabins and campgrounds, click here. We are still providing bedding and towels and sanitizing them between guests' use.
- Plan on minimizing contact on your way up - i.e. pay at the pump at gas stations, do curbside pickup at the grocery store, and order online for supplies needed while here, etc.
- Be smart before you come - Have a talk with folks within your group about making sure everyone in the group has taken proper precautions prior to coming - meaning being extra careful the two weeks prior to coming with social distancing, etc.
- Check-In Time - Still a firm 3pm at the earliest unless arranged prior with owners. Now, more than ever, we need the time to deep clean each unit prior to check-in.
- Cabin/Tent/Campsite Entry - We invite you go straight to your lodging to begin relaxing - check in and resort information will be provided at your cabin or campsite.
- Boat Rentals - Connect with owners via call or text at 715-545-3474 in advance to schedule a time to meet at the docks for check out and check in of your boat(s). And please social distance while checking the boat out and in.
- Check Out - Is still a firm 9am for cabins and 11am for the campgrounds unless arranged prior with owners. For cabins there are a few extra check-out tasks we need your help with this year to make sure we can properly deep clean for the next guests - that info is on a laminated sheet in your cabin. For non-summer reservations if you'd like a later check-out time contact the resort.
TIPS FOR ENJOYING YOUR POV STAY
If you need assistance while here, don't be shy! Call or text 715-545-3474 (avoid rec room doorbell as rec building is closed).
- There are MANY ways to still have fun at the resort!!! Visit a park that’s blooming, take a scenic drive, or consider a refreshing hike in the area. We have a complete list of winter-time things to do in the area in our more secluded setting in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest.
- Our General Store is open virtually for delivery and carry out! Visit www.povorder.com to place your order. All of our store items are available. We strive to stock basic perishables and other things you might need - and we're stocking a lot of Wisconsin-made products now! Check out our selection prior to coming to plan ahead and pack less.
- Ice and firewood are self-serve - pay in cash at the black key dropbox under the rec building awning or text 715-545-3474 to pay with credit card at www.povorder.com.
- Do support area businesses with curbside pickup with restaurants and stores.
- We still have nearly all of our amenities available! Our trails on-site are groomed this winter for great cross country skiing and snowshoeing. The snowmobile spur on the lake is open and groomed, conditions permitting. The coin-operated laundry is also open for use. Rokus are available for guests to check out to catch your favorite game or show in your cabin.
- Really the only things closed to foot traffic are the rec room, general store, and kids clubhouse (per official guidance).
POV's AMENDED CANCELLATION POLICY
We know that flexibility is what our guests are looking for right now. Guided by our goal of having our guests put their own health and well-being first, we are temporarily amending our cancellation policy to the following:
- LAST-MINUTE SICKNESS - If you or someone in your household gets sick with COVID-19 symptoms before your stay at POV (up until day of arrival), we want you and your family to take care of yourselves and quarantine. Family first. If this occurs, contact us to roll your deposit for a stay to be completed within a year without any penalty.
- FINDING YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY - The cancellation policy you booked with still stands and can be found with your reservation confirmation email you received when you paid your deposit. You can read our cancellation policy here.