A Letter from Our Family to Yours on COVID-19
Dear POV Guests and Friends,
We are excited to host you at the resort! Family is our number-one priority, and that certainly includes yours. We are determined to continue to provide a special place for everyone, even through the pandemic. We want you to feel secure in your decision to connect with family and friends here at POV - both in the coming months and years in the future.
COVID-19 ERA RESERVATIONS - We have made many changes to adjust to this pandemic and are following the state's health and safety directive for lodging and camping businesses. And our units are now professionally cleaned! POV's rec room, general store (now online www.povorder.com), and kids' clubhouse are open, and our staff are wearing masks indoors. That being said, we do ask our guests to continue to follow CDC guidance on safety with masks and social distancing. Read below for a bunch of tips and information to make sure you have an enjoyable stay with us. Of course, as the situation evolves, we will keep you apprised of any changes.
We hope these changes keep everyone safe and ready to enjoy their special time at the lake without worry. Until we see you next, if you have any questions or concerns we are only a phone call or email away.
Stay well and stay together,
Darren & Genevieve Coady and the entire POV Family
OUR COMMITMENT TO CLEANLINESS & SAFETY
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously for our guests and staff and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety for everyone here. Resort health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19. Our staff care as much as we do about keeping the cabins safe and ready for guests!
WHAT WE'RE DOING
- Cabins and Luxury Tents -
- We mistLysol disinfectant that we will be misting around the cabin and tent on the furniture, doors, and other high-touch items before our cleaning crew goes into the cabins.
- Guests are provided all new bedding and towels - including new duvet covers for the beds. All linens are cleaned at sanitizing levels.
- We stock cabins with antimicrobial bathroom soap, antibacterial kitchen soap, disinfecting cleaning spray, and hand sanitizer for guests' use.
- Common Spaces - Staff have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting amenities available - this includes the bathhouse, the rec building, and the kids clubhouse.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Common Spaces -
- We are providing cleaning supplies in each campground bathroom unit and coin laundry room so you may clean it yourself prior to use if desired.
- If damp, air out the bathhouse units for several minutes before entering.
- Cabins and Luxury Tents -
- We do encourage you to use the cleaning products provided in each cabin kitchen to re-clean all kitchen items before using the first time. We simply do not have time to re-clean everything in the kitchen between guests.
- Please leave all cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer products for the next guests - we are striving to do our best to maintain a clean environment for guests and to keep the resort open.
- Playground, Beach & the Outdoors -
- Continue to social distance while at POV if you have not yet been vaccinated.
- We are asking guests to take on responsibility in using these areas safely - we will provide disinfecting cleaning solution at both the beach and playground for you to spray on kayaks, swings etc. before you use them.
PRIOR TO YOUR STAY
- Pre-Payment of Balance Due - It is our policy guests pre-pay their full amount due (including boat rentals) prior to check-in day to minimize contact and to maintain social distancing.
- It is recommended you pre-pack everything you need while visiting - to help with social distancing and relaxing while you're up here.
- For a list of what POV provides in the cabins and campgrounds, click here.
- Be smart before you come - Have a talk with folks within your group about making sure everyone in the group has taken proper precautions prior to coming.
- Check-In Time - Still a firm 3pm at the earliest unless arranged prior with owners. Now, more than ever, we need the time to deep clean each unit prior to check-in.
- Cabin/Tent/Campsite Entry - We invite you go straight to your lodging to begin relaxing - check in and resort information will be provided at your cabin or glamping campsite.
- Boat Rentals - Connect with our resort manager, Nick via call or text at 715-891-6613 in advance to schedule a time to meet at the docks for check out and check in of your boat(s).
- Check Out - Is still a firm 9am for cabins and 11am for the campgrounds unless arranged prior with owners. For cabins there are a few extra check-out tasks we need your help with this year to make sure we can properly deep clean for the next guests - that info is on a laminated sheet in your cabin.
TIPS FOR ENJOYING YOUR POV STAY
If you need assistance while here, don't be shy! For on-site questions call or text 715-891-6613.
- There are MANY ways to have fun at the resort!!! Visit a park that’s blooming, take a scenic drive, or consider a refreshing hike in the area. We have a complete list of winter-time things to do in the area in our more secluded setting in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest.
- Our General Store is open and we're also doing delivery and carry out! Visit www.povorder.com to place your order online or visit the store. We strive to stock basic perishables and other things you might need - and we're stocking a lot of Wisconsin-made products now! Check out our selection prior to coming to plan ahead and pack less.
- Ice and firewood are self-serve - pay in cash at the black key dropbox under the rec building awning or text 715-545-3474 to pay with credit card at www.povorder.com.
POV's AMENDED CANCELLATION POLICY
We know that flexibility is what our guests are looking for right now. Guided by our goal of having our guests put their own health and well-being first, we are temporarily amending our cancellation policy to the following:
- LAST-MINUTE SICKNESS - If you or someone in your household gets sick with COVID-19 symptoms before your stay at POV (up until day of arrival), we want you and your family to take care of yourselves and quarantine. Family first. If this occurs, contact us to roll your deposit for a stay to be completed within a year without any penalty.
- FINDING YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY - The cancellation policy you booked with still stands and can be found with your reservation confirmation email you received when you paid your deposit. You can read our cancellation policy here.